Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day and a Video Game Birthday Cake


Happy St. Patrick's Day and Happy Birthday to my little sister! I decided to make my sister a gaming cake this year and thought that a Minecraft Creeper border would be perfect for the holiday. The cake is a simple four layered yellow cake with chocolate ganache and vanilla buttercream. I made the decorations out of marshmallow fondant.


For the cake layers I used my favorite yellow cake recipe found here. I made two batches and threw in some rainbow sprinkles for one batch. For the ganache I used my all time favorite recipe. It's straight forward and easy to adjust if you need more or less ganache. Finally, for the buttercream I used this recipe. Since discovering this recipe it's the only one I use for buttercream. It works like a dream and as long as you carefully follow the instructions should turn out perfect every time. 

I topped the cake with Pokemon and Assassin's Creed. They're two of her favorite game series. 

I sculpted this to look like my sister dressed in Ash's clothes. 

I chose bulbasuar because he's green. I was being cheesy and tried to make everything green for St. Patrick's Day. And yes today is her real birthday. 

The Creeper face border. This was really fun and easy to make! 

The top of the cake. I ran out of room to fully spell out birthday >_< 

So that's all for this week. Hope you all have a safe and fun St. Patrick's day! Happy crafting and baking! ♥  

Don't forget to follow us on SugiAi

0 comments:

Post a Comment