Crepes are something I've always wanted to make and I was always hesitant because everyone always seemed to be making a big deal over how difficult they were to execute properly. So I went searching for an easy to follow recipe and found one but modified the ingredients based on a suggestion from a commenter. If you follow the directions, you too can achieve this yumminess!
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons melted butter
- Sift the flour and salt together into a blender. Add the rest of the ingredients. Blend until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a skillet over medium-hight heat and brush with oil. Pour 1/4 cup of batter into pan, tilting to completely coat the surface of the pan. Cook 2 to 5 minutes, turning once, until golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Instead of using oil to coat the pan, I used nonstick spray before each crepe. I'm not sure if you'd need to do this for each crepe if you had a super nice nonstick pan. So just use your judgment. I was so afraid of them sticking, I probably overdid it a little with the spray.
- If you have a stick blender you can make this in a bowl and mix it with your stick blender or you can go old school and whisk this until you get all the lumps out!
- These cook really fast, so do not leave them!
- The great thing about crepes is that they're so versatile! You can fill them with savory or sweet ingredients. I was going for dessert crepes so I filled these with caramelized bananas. To make the the bananas I heated 1/4 cup brown sugar with 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat in a skillet and let it go until it just started to caramelize. Then I threw in a pinch of cinnamon and salt and the chopped bananas and only left in on the heat long enough to evenly coat the bananas.
I just love how pillowly soft sifted flour looks!
I'm trying to be one of those fancy food bloggers today and documenting the steps!
I used a stick blender so that's why the batter is in a bowl.
I really do love crepes!
Here's the crepe all put together with the bananas! Also desert crepes just have to have whipped cream!
That's all for this week folks! I hope you all go out and make lots of yummy crepes now! Happy cooking and crafting! ♥