Thursday, July 19, 2012

Mixed Media Geisha


This week's post is a just a quick one. It's some old mixed media geisha I did. I gave it to Ai as a present a few years ago. As much as I love all the crafting and cooking, this is what I really love to do the most. I have a tendency to do pencil work with just a few pops of color here and there. 

The geisha's face, hair, and hand were all done in pencil. Her hair accessories and kimono were made of construction paper. The wood in her umbrella were made out of a few scrap pieces of balsa wood. The design and little details on the umbrella were made out of tissue paper. Finally, I threw in a few rhinestones because the sparkles add a nice touch. 

 A closer shot of the geisha. 

Details of her hair pieces and umbrella. 

Closer shot of the rest of the umbrella and part of her face. Eyes are some of my favorite things to draw.

You can see her kimono a little better in this one. The white and blue part are construction paper with some shading done with pencil to add more dimension.

I haven't done anything like this in a really long time, which is such a shame. Hopefully I'll get around to doing more of this kind of thing sometime soon. So that's all for this week folks! Happy crafting! ♥  

0 comments:

Post a Comment