Thursday, June 14, 2012

Panda Pinatas!!


So we know that we haven't posted anything in months! We're so sorry and we've finally buckled down and will not go missing for that long again! Although we've been absent, we have been crafting! Our inaugural post for our re-launch is all about pinatas!

My sisters had their birthday a few months ago and they wanted pinatas. If you ever buy pinatas then you'll know that the variety and quality of pinatas isn't very good. These pinatas also tend to cost $20+. For less than that you can make a quality pinata, but you'll have to put in the work. It took me three days to make two medium sized pinatas, but in the end my sisters' joy was worth it. And I know some of you might think it's a little silly to put in so much work for something that's just going to be destroyed, but that's the point of pinatas so I didn't have any reservations about doing it. You'll have to decide for yourself if the work is worth it. 

Unfortunately I made the pinatas on my own and couldn't document the process. But Ai and I plan on doing another pinata sometime this year and we'll give an in depth tutorial! I haven't made a pinata since I was in elementary school and it was only one of those traditional pinatas, which really aren't too difficult to do. So I went searching on the internet and stumbled upon THE BEST pinata blog here! This guy's pinatas are so amazing and his tips and instructions are really helpful and easy to follow! If you've never made a pinata I suggest you read everything he has to say.

So on to the pinatas!

Panda pinata with a sweet mustache! 

The other panda pinata. They both have their party hats on! 

The pandas faces and hats were made out of card stock. All the fringe was made with strips of crepe paper that I fringed and then layered. I'll go into more details when I put up the tutorial. The structure of the panda is traditional papier mache. Again I suggest you check out Pinata Boy! 

That's all for this week folks! Hope you all like the new layout and have been happily crafting while we've been away! ♥  

0 comments:

Post a Comment