Tuesday, February 28, 2012

It's Fleece Hat Making Time!


So sorry about the long absence! We've been working on some super secret things lately and haven't had much time to post. But I just had to try and sneak in a post for February!

If you couldn't tell from the title of this post, I made some hats! I had so much left over fabric from Halloween that I needed to find something fairly easy to make to use it all up. So my sisters suggested I try to make those trendy animal hats that are ridiculously expensive in all the stores. 

I agreed and then realized I had never sewn a hat before! So I headed on over to Deviantart to look for some help and found this awesome tutorial for a basic fleece hat. But my sisters wanted the hats to have ear flaps so I had to make up my own pattern for the bottom part of the hats. Then I saw some yarn on sale and went crazy making little dangly hearts in addition to the ear flaps! Anyways on to the hats! 

This was actually a happy accident. I was supposed to make my sister a panda hat, but the dye only turned my faux fur gray. So it turned into a wolf husky type thing! hahaha

Cat hat with dangly hearts! 

A bird of some kind. It was supposed to be a penguin, but I think it looks more like a cardinal! 

This one was my favorite! It's a chompy dinosaur! 

It even has spikes running down the back! 

Back view of the dinosaur! 

A special Hello Kitty hat for my favorite niece! 

A group shot with the bear hat, which looks exactly like the cat hat! 

Oh and have a random Adventure Time pillow I made for my other sister! It's Jake! 

So that's all for this week folks! Happy crafting! And before I forget go like us on Facebook please!!! ♥  

0 comments:

Post a Comment